Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the services on this page may have changed. For up-to-date information, please visit our Operating Status page.
If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
The VA Appointment Line is available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The DoD Appointment Line is available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Before scheduling an appointment, all patients must first be registered with the FHCC. This is required for all DoD and Veteran patients.
Prior to scheduling an appointment, please ensure eligibility and enrollment is complete by visiting our patient eligibility page.
Complete and Return the Registration Form
Before scheduling an appointment, all patients must first complete and return the registration form. Registration is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fax the completed form to 224-610-1400
Mail the completed form to:
Lovell FHCC Admissions (136B)
3001 Green Bay Rd.
North Chicago, IL 60064
Drop off the completed form at the Lovell FHCC Emergency Room (24/7)
Changing Your Appointment
Can't make your slot? Give another patient your spot! To cancel your appointment, call:
VA patients: 1-800-393-0865 or visit MyHealthe Vet.
DoD patients: 1-800-941-4501 or https://www.tricareonline.com.
TRICARE Nurse Advice Line
VA Nurse Advice Line
DoD Appointment Line
VA Appointment Line
Family Practice, Pediatrics or Internal Medicine
VA Primary Care
DoD Insurance and Billing
VA Insurance and Billing
Call 800-941-4501 for a same day or future appointment with Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Pediatrics. Non-enrolled patients may call the Appointment Line for same-day space available Primary Care appointments after 10 a.m. Monday through Friday.
TRICARE Online (TOL) Appointment Booking: Book your appointment using TRICARE Online at https://www.tricareonline.com. If you receive a message that no primary care appointments are available, call the Appointment Line at 800-941-4501.
If you are unsure if you have DoD health care benefits, you can check it now. Contact TRICARE by calling 800-444-5445.
For an appointment, call the Appointment Line at 800-393-0865
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.